It seems that we are not quite done with the zucchini crop either. So, with that in mind I was on my continual hunt for something delicious to try with these to veggies! My search proved 'fruitful'.
This recipe although not a main meal, could be paired with rice or noodles to make it more filling. We did serve it over rice (which negated it's low cal appeal!).
A great low calorie side dish to any meal, these Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini are flavorful and fresh. At 0 Points + per serving, it’s a wonderful guilt free vegetable recipe.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes (about 20 tomatoes), sliced in half
- Non-fat olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and lightly mist with the non-fat cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes and zucchini onto baking sheet and lightly mist with non-fat cooking spray or olive oil mister, then sprinkle evenly with the sea salt.
- Roast in oven until vegetables start to char, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: Because this Roasted Tomatoes and Zucchini Recipe only uses vegetables and trace amounts of olive oil, I count it as 0 Points +. However, if you add up the nutritional information and plug it into your Weight Watchers Calculator, you’ll see that it comes up as 1 Points +. So it’s up to you how you want to count it.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is 1/2 cup
Each serving = 0 Points +
PER SERVING: 43 calories; 0g fat; 8g carbohydrates; 3g protein; 3g fiber
Surprisingly my son and husband both LOVED this recipe and went back for more. I didn't have the heart to tell them it was a "Weight Watcher's" Recipe. Because they enjoyed it so much, it receives the distinction of "2" on the RollRater!